About Toni Snelgrove – Auckland performance coach
Toni Snelgrove, principal of Snelgrove and Associates, has a wide range of employment and consulting experience. She has worked as a consultant, senior salesperson, general manager and leader of people, partner, and solo-preneur. This variety means she can easily connect with her clients. Her style is practical, agile and compassionate, with an ability to get quickly to the heart of the matter.
Toni works with associates where appropriate to help her clients be the best they can be. These associates provide complementary services in executive coaching and consulting, business psychology, psychometric assessment, executive search, executive wardrobe and image, and personal training. The focus throughout is on helping clients to develop their compelling personal brand.
“A passion for exceeding our clients’ expectations is what inspires and drives us. We continuously hone our talents and skills, and employ rigorous cutting edge techniques in coaching. Professionalism and confidentiality are at the core of what we do.”
During her extensive work experience, Toni came to recognise that opportunities and leadership talent frequently were being lost through disconnects between executives and their employer, so she formed Snelgrove and Associates with the goal of assisting executives to realise their authentic potential, and thereby add compelling value for their employer.
In May 2007, Toni co-created the Altris partnership, a leadership and executive coaching company, and was a co-director of Altris for nearly eight years. Through this experience, she fine-tuned her expertise around high-performing, agile teams, as well as the complementary leadership styles required to help a small business partnership thrive.
She’s also served on the board, or as a steering group member, of several professional organisations. For example, between 2007 and 2009, Toni was New Zealand credentialing leader on the ICFA (International Coach Federation Australasia) board. And between 2010 and 2013, she was a steering group member of the New Zealand-based Coaching Psychology Special Interest Group.
“After the sessions with Toni, I come away with a calmness that feels like I have risen another step in my conscious leadership journey and really reflect on the possibilities of taking some different approaches to the way I tackle things.”
– Wendy Paul, former GM Group Resilience and Risk, Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd
- Master of Social Sciences (Waikato University)
- Community Psychology Diploma (Waikato University)
- Registered New Zealand psychologist, 1987–2016.
- CoachU Advanced Coaching programme, graduate (Australia)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through the International Coach Federation (ICF), a global organisation which reviews and credentials coaches
- Credentialed in the Keller Influence Indicator®, the world’s first validated business tool in Being Influential (an “inside-out” approach)
- Conversational Intelligence® (C-IQ) – Toni is becoming qualified as an Enhanced Skills Coach
- Credentialed in the Relationship Awareness Theory, through Personal Strengths Publishing
- Credentialed in the Belbin Team Roles, through Leadership Solutions
- Credentialed in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Successful completion of a course in Change Management, (University of Auckland, Dr Nick Marsh).
The tools we use to get the best coaching results
- CoachU suite of assessment and coaching tools
- Conversational Intelligence® (C-IQ) – fundamentals level – for individuals and teams
- Keller Influence Indicator® [KII] assessment tool and coaching tools (for the Being Influential package)
- Team Effectiveness suite of tools through KII
- Belbin Team Role® assessment tool and coaching tools
- The Art of Facilitation – tools through Zenergy
- Facilitation tools for work groups – a 34-week programme through the Manukau Institute of Technology
- Team Architect tool, through Leadership Solutions
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Step II) for teams and individuals
- Relationship Awareness Theory (RAT) for individuals and teams, through Personal Strengths Publishing
- Improv Bandits suite of tools for creative meaningful exercises, developed by Wade Jackson
- Toastmaster Presentation tools (Toni was a member of Toastmasters International for 22 years)
- Instructional Design concepts from Bright*Star for impactful workshop design.
Talk with Toni about how she can help you on your professional journey.